- Client: Godington Primary School
- Location: Godington Primary School, Lockholt Close, Ashford
- Value: 500k-1m
- Type: To demolish and remove existing, failing, concrete roof and replace with timber structure.
- Duration: 30 weeks
The existing concrete flat roof construction over classrooms and offices is failing. Water ingress is evident in several locations and props are in use where the structure has begun to collapse.
The project includes the following;
– Provision of replacement temporary classrooms, offices, WC’s and storage areas required for continued, uninterrupted school life. This work includes temporary road access to location, groundworks and provision of hot and cold water supplies, wastewater disposal, electrical supplies and data.
– To secure affected area from the remainder of the school both internally and externally, whilst maintaining safe means of access and egress for both school and construction staff. Including emergency exits.
– To gut classrooms, offices and WC’s affected by the failing roof including all services, floor coverings, doors etc.
– To provide crash-deck/birdcage scaffold under the affected roof
– To provide scaffold weatherproofing, access and edge protection to the exterior of the affected area.
– To remove and set aside for re-use all roof windows and associated equipment.
– To demolish and clear existing concrete roof using remotely operated breaker equipment.
– To provide a new replacement roof using SIP’s flat roof structure. To include all insulation, replacement of previously set aside roof windows, weatherproof covering and plastered ceilings.
– Full decoration and reinstatement of all affected areas
– Installation of new air conditioning/heating systems
– Removal of all temporary accommodation and reinstatement of all disturbed external areas